Stanley RV Park would like to give a few tips for families and tenants that are making vacation plans during the holidays:
“…with children out of school and families taking vacation – there’s a good chance that traffic will increase on our roadways,” said DPS Director Steven McCraw. “DPS is encouraging drivers to help keep the roads safe for all travelers by adhering to safe driving practices and always driving sober.”
Here are some tips that DPS gives for vocational seasons:
1. Slow down – especially in bad weather, construction areas, heavy traffic and unfamiliar areas.
2. Eliminate distractions while driving, including the usage of mobile devices.
3. Buckle up everyone in the vehicle – it’s the law.
4. Don’t drive fatigued, and allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
5. Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
6. Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained before your trip begins.
7. Slow down or move over for tow trucks, as well as police, fire, EMS and Texas Department of Transportation vehicles stopped on the side of the road with emergency lights activated – it’s the law.