We are excited to celebrate Independence Day with all residents and guests of Stanley RV Park, and extend our greetings to our neighbors in the midland rv park community.
You are valued patrons of our rv park, and your safety, comfort and convenience are of great importance to us. We want you and your families to have a fun and meaningful Fourth of July celebration, and at the same time be free from disruptive and dangerous accidents.
One most common risks to safety during this holiday is the gas or charcoal grill. Each year, people sustain injuries related to improper grill preparations and usage. If you are planning to have a mini barbecue here at Stanley RV Park, please take note of these helpful safety tips (as adapted from Red Cross):
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never grill indoors (even if the kitchen in your camper or mobile home has space).
- Make sure everyone, especially young children and pets, stays away from the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open, and set up at a safe distance from your rv,tree branches, or anything that could easily catch fire.
- Use the long-handled grilling tools to keep you or (whoever is in charge of the grill) safe.
Accidents also occur when fireworks are faulty or are mishandled. While we understand that fireworks and sparklers are a Fourth of July staple for many Texan families, we would encourage everyone to instead sign up for the Star-Spangled Salute, a celebration of community and patriotism presented by City of Midland TX and Pioneer Natural Resources. The FREE event features family-friendly activities, starting with the Children’s Sidewalk Parade in the morning and culminating with one of largest fireworks displays in West Texas in the late evening. You can find out more about the event here.
Stanley RV Park is always looking for ways to make your Midland rv park experience worthwhile. As we gather to celebrate a triumphant moment in our country’s history, let us all remember to take care of each other and our surroundings. May everyone have a safe and happy Fourth of July!